How to Stop Avast from Inserting Its Signature at the Bottom of Outgoing Emails
Updated on March 17, 2021 | by James Stone
With the advancement of the internet and growth of computer usage, the chances of getting attacked from virus infection has also increased a lot. The moment you connect your computer to the internet for doing something such as exchanging emails, you’re prone to receive viruses like Trojans, Worms and cyber-bots. So, to deal with the same, experts recommended using an antivirus program that provides protection from the potential threats of such virus infections.
Therefore, considering the need of a high-end antivirus software to be on a safer side, many preferred using Avast antivirus software. Well, because it promises to keep the users safe via its three-shield protection—
So, like others if you also have installed Avast antivirus on your computer then, you must have noticed that Avast adds a footnote called ‘Avast Email Signature’ in the emails that you send.
Well, in the recent updated version ‘11.1.2241’ of Avast antivirus, an email signature setting has been turned on by default to insert one of the following given messages at the end of all the outgoing emails—
In simpler terms, Avast automatically adds a short signature in your outgoing emails to show your contacts that the emails you’ve sent to them are safe and secure. And, the aforementioned (any of the 4) message by Avast is usually inserted at the bottom of all your outgoing emails in two cases—
- First Case: When you’re using email clients like Outlook, Thunderbird and others that are installed on your PC.
- Second Case: When you’re using any web-based email service provider like Gmail or Yahoo Mail through your web browser.
However, if you feel annoyed by this feature of Avast that is enabled by-default then, worry not! You can easily turn this on or off at any given point of time. Wondering how? Let’s learn here, how you can disable or remove the Avast email signature from all your outgoing emails:
Step-by-Step Procedure of How You Can Turn Avast Email Signature Off!
- Step 1: To disable ‘Avast Email Signature,’ you need to open your Avast UI and for that, start by clicking right on the installed ‘Avast Antivirus Software Icon’ in your system tray.
- Step 2: Then, select the ‘Open Avast User Interface’ option from the available contextual menu.
- Step 3: Once it’s open, click on the ‘Gear-like Menu Icon’ which is there at the top right corner of the ‘Main User Interface of Avast Antivirus’ screen.
- Step 4: From the menu, select the option of ‘Settings’ to simply navigate onto the Avast’s settings page.
- Step 5: On the settings page, click on ‘Protection’ option and in continuation, click on ‘Core Shields’ tab.
- Step 6: Under the same, scroll down to ‘Configure Shield Settings’ to click the tab of ‘Mail Shield.’
- Step 7: There, all you have to do is un-tick the box next to the option of “Add a signature to the end of sent emails.”
- Step 8: Now, simply restart your browser or sign-out and sign-in to your email account to ensure that finally you’ve stopped Avast from by-default adding its signature at the end of your outgoing emails.
Moreover, if the steps mentioned above didn’t help you to turn off Avast Email Signature then, luckily there’s also an alternative way of doing it. So, without wasting time, let’s have all your attention here and learn about the steps of the same:
An Alternate Way to Disable This ‘Avast Email Signature’ Feature
- Step 1: To start, navigate yourself to the ‘Active Protection’ tab in the ‘General Settings’ window of your Avast Antivirus.
- Step 2: There, what you have to do is click on the option of ‘Customize’ which is next to the ‘Mail Shield’ option.
- Step 3: Then, in continuation, click on the ‘Behavior’ tab.
- Step 4: After doing so, simply uncheck the “Insert note into clean message (outgoing)” box to finally disable this feature through this alternate method.
That’s it! Using this guide you can learn about how you can remove Avast email signature from web-based email clients like GmailandYahoo Mail and also how you can remove Avast email signature from desktop-based email clients like OutlookandThunderbird, with either of the given two-ways.