Learn About 9 Methods to Resolve PII Code Error in Outlook Mail
- February 4, 2022
- How to Fix
- What Happens When Microsoft Outlook Errors Occur?
- What is Microsoft PII Error Code on Microsoft Outlook?
- What Are the Main Reasons for Occurrence of PII Errors?
- Microsoft Outlook PII Error Code List
- All Possible Methods to Fix PII Errors in Microsoft Outlook:
- Method 1: Log out from Multiple Configured Email Accounts
- Method 2: Disable your Antivirus Software Program
- Method 3: Instead of the desktop version, Use the Web-based Outlook application
- Method 4: Clear Cache and Cookies in Your Browser
- Method 5: Use a Compatible Version of Outlook with Windows
- Method 6: Reinstall Microsoft Outlook Program
- Method 7: Use Auto Repair Tool on Your PC
- Method 8: Check the Microsoft Outlook Settings
- Method 9: Change the Port Number of the Server
Not to mention, Outlook is Microsoft’s information manager software included in the Microsoft Office suite.
Initially Microsoft Outlook was launched as an email client but, with time it has upgraded itself to perform other functions as well. To name a few, such as calendaring, task managing, contact managing, note-taking, journal logging, and web browsing. But as far as the main traffic to Outlook is concerned, it is due to Outlook’s email service which Microsoft has offered as a replacement for ‘Windows Live’ and ‘Hotmail’ –after they both were discontinued.
Note: Microsoft users may either sign up for a new account on Outlook or can login in with their existing Windows Live and Hotmail accounts in case, if they already have one.
Now, when it comes to sending and receiving emails with Microsoft Outlook then, this web-based email service is quite comparable to using any of the other web-based email service providers that are currently available in the marketplace. Or, to simply put, it is in the same vein as Gmail.
Hence, there are millions and millions of users around the globe who consider using ‘Microsoft Outlook—the famous mailing software’ to send and receive emails securely.
Not just that, it is highly recommended by millennials for corporate usage as it also indulges the constant flow of communication between Staff, Managerial Personnel, Sales Representatives, etc.
However, the only downside of using the Outlook Mail is that at times, it shows different types of error codes which highly annoy its users as they arise when you give a command to Outlook, but it is unable to operate the same.
What Happens When Microsoft Outlook Errors Occur?
You may experience the following symptoms when there is an error in Microsoft Outlook mail—
- The application does not respond and requires you to restart the device frequently.
- Mouse and keyboard take longer than usual to respond.
- And, Windows OS starts crashing constantly.
Therefore, when the occurrence of errors prevents this wonderful tool from giving you access to the features it provides and even starts to affect the overall efficiency of the system, we understand how necessary it becomes for users to act immediately.
And, recently as we have seen most of the Microsoft users have reported PII code errors while sending email to someone via Outlook so, have you also faced any PII error code while sending mail from your Microsoft Outlook account in Windows 10 OS and now looking for a way to fix it?
Well, let’s take a guess.
Of course, yes and that’s why you’re here reading this post that contains solutions to get rid of this particular error code completely. However, before jumping straight to the solutions, it is necessary to first know what is ‘PII Email’ and why it happens as it is one of the most common problems that need to be addressed effectively.
What is Microsoft PII Error Code on Microsoft Outlook?
PII in Microsoft Outlook stands for ‘Personally Identifiable Information.’ It is the “metadata” used to identify clients personally. So, in this era of increasing latest technology, the usage of Personally Identifiable Information is growing day by day and hence now biometric, digital images, IP address, login ID, and behavioral data are also considered as Personally Identifiable Information along with email addresses, phone numbers, Social Security Numbers, and postal codes, etc.
What Are the Main Reasons for Occurrence of PII Errors?
No wonder if you want to fix a problem, you must first identify its root cause and only then, you can resolve it permanently, right!
So, considering that, we’ve below-mentioned the four main reasons why the Outlook Mail application shows PII error codes on the screen. They are as follows—
- SMTP (Outgoing) Server Settings Conflict.
- Formation of Cache Memory.
- Malicious Software Programs or Information.
- Continuous Use of Multiple Outlook Accounts.
- Incompatibility of Outlook Application
- Usage of an Incompatible Version of the Outlook Application with Windows.
- Corrupted Outlook Data Files (PST).
- A Glitch in Outlook Software.
- Incomplete Installation Setup process.
Though, Outlook PII email errors may arise due to many reasons, but generally it is from one of the above-mentioned reasons that contribute to the same. Now that you know the cause of the encountered PII error code message; it’s time to check out from the below listed Microsoft Outlook Pii Error Codes to identify which PII error code you’ve encountered.
Microsoft Outlook PII Error Code List
Now, time has come to adopt a suitable method to resolve the encountered Pii error code.
All Possible Methods to Fix PII Errors in Microsoft Outlook
Luckily, there are several methods offered by Microsoft to resolve the PII error problem and out of them six of the best we’ve discussed below. Have a look—
Note: You need not have to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you get successful in resolving the encountered PII error code.
Method 1: Log out from Multiple Configured Email Accounts
If you’ve logged in to multiple email accounts on your MS Outlook at the same time then, it is worth mentioning that it might cause conflict in the smooth functioning of all your accounts and can contribute Pii codes error to occur. So, consider logging out and logging in again with a single account to see if it works in your case.
Method 2: Disable your Antivirus Software Program
As Antivirus software programs have been known to make issues from time to time on Windows O.S. So, no wonder if it leads to PII error codes in Microsoft Outlook and creates difficulty in connecting with the customer’s email.
With that being considered, you may have to disable it to check if that helps.
To do so; open Control Panel > navigate to Update and Security option > select the Windows Security portion > then select the Virus and Threat Security > after that, choose the Manage Settings > and finally disable the Real-Time Security.
Note: When the problem gets fixed, make sure to turn it back on.
Method 3: Instead of the desktop version, Use the Web-based Outlook application
A survey has been done as per which Microsoft Outlook’s Pii Codes error most frequently appears to occur on the desktop version of Outlook. So, in order to prevent the same from occurring in your Outlook Mail, you can consider using the web-based version of Microsoft Outlook instead.
Method 4: Clear Cache and Cookies in Your Browser
If you are getting PII errors quite often, clear cache and remove all other junk files from the database that gets temporarily saved. This in many cases resolves the problem of PII errors.
Method 5: Use a Compatible Version of Outlook with Windows
Most likely users forget to check whether their Windows O.S. is compatible with the Microsoft Outlook or not. So, if you also haven’t checked the compatibility of your Outlook version with your Windows O.S. then, you should do it now! Well, because incompatibility of these two becomes one of the reasons for the occurrence of PII codes error.
Method 6: Reinstall Microsoft Outlook Program
If clearing cache does not solve the problem, then try to reinstall the Outlook app on your device. To do this—
- Step 1: First go to the “Control Panel” and open “Program” from the “Program and Features” option.
- Step 2: This will open the list of all programs installed in your system. From the same, you’ve to find the “Microsoft Office” option.
- Step 3: Then, click on the “Uninstall” option of the same to completely remove the program from your Windows PC.
- Step 4: Now, install Microsoft Office again and open “Microsoft Outlook” from the list of programs to check if the error has been fixed.
Method 7: Use Auto Repair Tool on Your PC
Next, you can use the Auto-repair tool which is in-built in your PC. It is one of the best methods to solve the issue of PII errors. So, for using this feature, you’ve to execute the following steps—
- Step 1: For the safety purpose, backup all the files in your PC before you fix this issue.
- Step 2: Then, open the “Control Panel” from the Start menu of the system, and go to the “Program and Features” tab.
- Step 3: Inside program and properties tab, check for the “Application” where this problem was being encountered.
- Step 4: Following that, click on the “Edit the program and features” option which opens a new window in front of you.
- Step 5: There, you simply need to first select the “Repair” tab and then, need to follow the instructions on the screen to fix the Pii error code.
Method 8: Check the Microsoft Outlook Settings
Another effective way out to remove the encountered PII codes error from Outlook Mail is to check the Microsoft Outlook settings. To do so, here are the steps you’ve to follow—
- Step 1: Launch the Microsoft Outlook application on the first basis.
- Step 2: Then, go to its “Account Settings.”
- Step 3: From there, if you’ve several Outlook accounts, simply select the one that shows the Pii error code.
- Step 4: Next, you’ve to select the “Properties” option.
- Step 5: In that window, check whether it is set to an email server by simply testing its ID.
- Step 6: Once done with that, click on the “More settings” button and select the “Outgoing Server Tab”.
- Step 7: There, you’ve to make sure the “Outgoing Server Authentication” is on.
- Step 8: Next on the “Advanced Tab,” you need to ensure that the “SMTP and POP Settings” are similar to the email hosting provider.
- Step 9: Upon doing so, just save your respective Outlook account settings by pressing the “OK” button to see if it helps.
Method 9: Change the Port Number of the Server
If none of the above methods work and all the system settings seem correct then, try changing the port number of the server.
The Port Number helps in the proper functioning of the software and is an important component of the software. So, bearing that in mind, you can check for the incorrect port number to assign the correct settings for the smooth functioning of the program.
To do this, you have to follow the following steps carefully—
- Step 1: First of all, start by opening an aspect.
- Step 2: Then, select the “File” where you found the issue of PII codes error.
- Step 3: After that, look for the “Account Options Setting” and open it.
- Step 4: Now, you’ve to select your “Account Settings” from the window that opens.
- Step 5: From your account settings, simply choose an “Email Account” option. In doing so, an Email Account Window will open containing various email accounts.
- Step 6: Inside the same, you’ve to first click on the “More Settings” option and then on the “Internet Email Settings”.
- Step 7: Following that, select the “Advanced Tab” option and as you do so; a new menu containing SMTP port number will open.
- Step 8: Now, you simply need to replace the SMTP (Port Number) from “465 to 587.”
- Step 9: Once done, just save the made changes and check if that helps you to fix the SMTP error in Outlook for resolving the encountered Pii codes error.
That’s all. Hope you’re now clear about the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) error codes that occur due to incorrect parameters, including port number, authentication, insecure connection and improper configuration of email accounts on outlook. And, also how you can easily remove it with the help of above-discussed methods!
However, if nothing works, you can try contacting Microsoft support to get your problem fixed as they immediately forward the reported Outlook issues to the developers to make sure it gets fixed in real-time.