Yahoo has been ruling the email world for years now. It may seem impossible to live without accessing your emails every day at least once. But what if one fine day you found that you aren’t able to sign in to Yahoo? This may scare you thinking that you have lost access to your Yahoo account forever. But the situation is easy to handle if tackled properly.
In this guide, you will learn about a few methods using which you can get back into your Yahoo account but first, we will begin with how to do the log in the right way.
Simple Steps to Easily Log In to Yahoo
Here are the steps to be undertaken to login to Yahoo:
- First, go to www.yahoo.com, to begin with the login process and then click on the ‘Sign In’ option placed at the top-right corner on the Yahoo mail login screen.
- Then enter the username, email address, or mobile number linked to your Yahoo account and click on ‘Next’.
- On the next page, enter the password using the correct upper case &lower case letters and numbers, press ‘Next’ to continue.
- That’s all; you are successfully signed in to your account; now you can start managing emails by clicking on the ‘Mail’ option.
Isn’t it easy? It is quite straightforward to log in to your Yahoo account but still sometimes it can be easier said than done. You may not be able to log in to Ymail account for a slew of reasons. There can be several instances where you will not be allowed to access your account, let’s look into them and find out a workaround.
Frequently Faced Yahoo Mail Login Problems
I have listed a number of scenarios you may encounter while making a Yahoo Login attempt:
- Can’t sign into Yahoo mail
- Yahoo account is not loading
- Ymail Login is not working
- Username entered is incorrect
- Unable to login on mobile devices
- Signing in from a new location
- Password entered is incorrect
- Locked out of Yahoo Account
- Sign-in Screen keeps reappearing
All such issues may welcome you when you try to sign in to Yahoo email. If you are encountering any such problem while accessing your Yahoo account, know how to get them fixed.
Tips and Suggestions to Resolve Yahoo Sign-in Problems
- Checking the Internet- A successful Yahoo login attempt primarily needs your device connected to an active internet connection. In its absence, you may not be allowed to enter or the sign-in page will stop loading.
- Checking the Server- The next important step to take is to ensure that Yahoo servers are working fine and there is no obstruction in using Yahoo account from their side. Though Yahoo doesn’t have a public service status page, you can visit downdetector to check the status of Yahoo.
- Incorrect Username or Password- Forgetting username or password of your Yahoo account is really common and this can be one of the reasons for not being able to sign in to Yahoo account. So, if this is the case, you can visit the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page to get your account recovered. The recovery process is pretty simple and you can easily reset the password by entering the recovery information related to your Yahoo account.
- Account Got Hacked- This can be scary and difficult to fix as well. If the password has been changed by the hackers, forget logging in to your account. However, the only thing that can save you is the recovery information using which you can reset the password and get your account back.
- Locked Account- Several failed login attempts can get your Yahoo account locked for security reasons. Never enter an incorrect password too many times as this may let Yahoo think of you as a spammer and can put a lock on your account. In case you have got into this situation, you can try to get it unlocked using the Sign-in Helper, or maybe Yahoo unlocks your account automatically after 12 hours.
- Additional Troubleshooting- If the above steps didn’t do the job, you can even try the given troubleshooting tips and check what is causing the error:
- The browser you are using to access the Yahoo account must be of the latest version and should be compatible with Yahoo. You can verify this by changing your browser and then try to log in.
- If you have saved the login information in your browser and have changed the password recently, make sure to update it in the browser settings or you can try the manual login.
- If you have opted for two-step verification as a login method, make sure to enter the Yahoo account key after entering the password to log in.
- If you still can’t access Yahoo email, keep the browser free from caches, cookies, and other junk files and then try signing in again.
- In case you are unable to use Yahoo on your phone, make sure you are using the latest version of the Yahoo mail app. Moreover, you need to enter the correct Yahoo incoming and outgoing server settings to avoid facing the login issue.