How To Safely Recover Hacked or Compromised AT&T Email Account?
Updated on September 7, 2021 | by Manpreet Kaur Sandhu
Hacked or Compromised AT&T email account is a nightmare to many of us, especially when we have important data saved in it. Therefore, it is important to check the signs for hacking every now and then, so that you can take the required action at the right time.
If you are also experiencing the problem of hacked AT&T accounts, don’t panic and read this blog carefully so that you can deal with the issue in the correct manner. We have included the required information for your convenience so that you can retrieve your compromised AT&T account without any hassle.
So, let’s start:
Symptoms that Your AT&T Account Has Been Hacked
Sometimes it is very hard to determine whether your At&T account is hacked or not, in such cases, we suggest you look for certain signs that point towards hacked or compromised accounts. The major symptoms of a compromised AT&T email account are:
- AT&T security center is sending you alarms that your account is sending spam to known and unknown people.
- You can’t log in to an AT&T email account.
- When you can’t receive emails on At&T account.
- You are unable to send emails.
- Many emails are missing from your account.
- There are several messages that are undeliverable or bounced but they do not belong to you.
- You find strange emails in your Sent folder.
- You are receiving emails about winning cash or rewards from AT&T.
Email IDs and passwords are usually hacked with the phishing technique or keylogging malware. There can be many reasons that hackers chose your account such as: to steal your financial and personal information, sending spam, performing fraud activities, and more.
But you can recover your hacked or compromised AT&T email account using different means of recovery. Apart from this, AT&T suggests you perform protective measures to avoid incidents of hacking.
Here, we will describe the best practices to recover your hacked At&T account and some useful tips to prevent hacks.
How to Recover Compromised AT&T Account?
Method 1: Change Your Password if You Can Sign-in
If hackers haven’t changed your At&T account password, and you have been luckier to find the hack in the early stage, you can change your password right away to end the sign-in session of hackers. For this
Sign in to your account>> Click Change Password>> Create a new password
Method 2: Recover your AT&T Account Password if Can’t Sign-in
If you are not able to sign in to your AT&T account, you need to recover your AT&T password using the steps given below:
- Go to AT&T’s “Reset my password” page with this link: https://www.att.com/acctmgmt/fpwd/lander.
- Now, type your User ID and Last name.
- Fill the CAPTCHA.
- Click Continue.
- Now select your alternative email address or phone number to receive verification code.
- Provide the CODE you receive on your email address or phone number.
- Create a new password and retype it to confirm.
- Make sure you use the right set of characters, alphabets, numerics, and symbols.
Useful Tips to Avoid or Prevent Hacking
- Secure your computer with an antivirus and antimalware software.
- Keep your recovery information updated.
- Never share your account password.
- Change your AT&T email password from time to time to ditch keyloggers.
- After recovering your hacked AT&T account, make sure you check your email settings such as blocked contacts, email, signature, vacation response, and most importantly “Accounts”. If an email address is added in POP or Forwards, remove it immediately.
- Keep your AT&T registration information saved with you.
The above-given information is highly useful to fight hackers and spammers. But If you find it very difficult to regain access to your AT&T account and you need specialized help, we recommend you contact AT&T support.