Unable to Send Email From AT&T? Troubleshooting Guide is Here
Updated on July 9, 2021 | by James Stone
AT&T is the most secure platform to store and share your crucial data and the inability to send emails from your AT&T account can be quite stressful. If you are unable to send AT&T emails, you need to thoroughly analyze the situation, determine the cause, and then perform the required corrective measures.
We have examined the thousands of cases of AT&T sign-in issues and form an informative guide that can help you fix the AT&T email sending issues.
How to Fix At&T Mail Sending Issues?
1. Fix AT&T Email Account Settings
The settings of your AT&T account has a lot to do with your inability to send emails from your account. So, here are a few important settings mentioned below to check if you can’t send emails from AT&T.
- Check if your email is meeting the maximum size limit of attachments
- Your email should contain the correct recipient email address otherwise you will fail to send the email and receive errors like Failed Delivery, Problem Found, or Message Not Sent.
- Log-out from your accounts and log-in again
- Check if the message has been sent properly. For this check your Draft or Outbox folder and send it if the email is stuck there
- Check the Blocked email addresses. If you have blocked the recipient and now try to send them an email, you first need to unblock them.
- Check for the Filters of your AT&T account. If you have set the filters, check the folder where emails are redirected after filtration
- Check if your AT&T account is hacked or compromised. If there are missing emails, unknown emails in Sent or Inbox folders, a lot of spam, or different display names, there are chances your account has been hacked.
2. Check Connectivity or Browser issues
- Try to open your AT&T account in a different web browser. For instance, if you are using Chrome, you can switch to Firefox.
- Verify that your browser accepts cookies. Also, delete the cookies and cache. For this go to the browser’s Preferences, Settings, or Options menu.
- Disable all the tools and add-ons and check if the AT&T email sending issues have been fixed
- Update the Adobe Flash Player on your device
- Disable all the firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware programs on your device. These programs can interrupt the functioning of web programs like AT&T.
3. Troubleshoot Email Programs or Apps
With the AT&T email apps, you need to check certain things at regular intervals of time. So, make sure you keep an eye on the following things:
- Check the internet connection if you are unable to send emails from your AT&T account.
- Check the AT&T app’s outbox folder and remove the stored messages and try to send them again.
- Look for the email codes and do the required troubleshooting
- Check the settings for the AT&T email client.
4. Check AT&T Sign-in Issues
- Password not working on the app: If you have recently changed the AT&T password on the browser, you need to update it on your app well otherwise nor you can send, neither receive emails. Therefore, you need to log-out and log-in or remove the account from your device and re-add.
- Make sure your account is not locked by AT&T for your protection. In this case, you need to wait for a few hours and then reset your AT&T password and then try to send emails.
- Check if your account is active: If your account is found to be sending spam, AT&T will deactivate your account for security reasons and keep you from sending or receiving emails. In such a situation, you can contact AT&T support team
If you are unable to send AT&T emails, this guide will help you troubleshoot mail sending issues for your AT&T account. But if you are facing a more severe situation, contact the AT&T support team.