Is Roadrunner’s Email Not Working? Do This Right Now
Updated on September 7, 2021 | by Manpreet Kaur Sandhu
Roadrunner email services are popular throughout the world due to their efficacy. It is more and more gaining hype with every passing day, due to its unique features like massive storage space and easy configuration. But not all days are gloomy with Spectrum’s Roadrunner email service, sometimes you need to face performance issues that can affect your workflow. Nevertheless, these issues are temporary and can be resolved with proper troubleshooting. These issues do not make it any lesser than that of its competitors as every email service goes through a bad phase at one time or another.
If you are the one for whom Roadrunner is email not working, we have a complete guide to help you. Here we will discuss all the common problems, their causes, and their respective solutions so that you can easily get rid of any sort of spectrum email problems
Main Reasons for Roadrunner Email Problems
Every webmail user faces issues with their respective webmail service now and then, and Roadrunner users are no exception. But we need to know that certain things trigger problems in the TWC Roadrunner email service.
Want to know “Why is my roadrunner email not working”??
Let’s have a look at some basic causes that lead to RR mail issues:
- Issue with the Spectrum Net server.
- Incorrect Login Credentials.
- Forgotten Roadrunner’s email password.
- Inappropriate IMAP or POP settings.
- Internet connection issues.
- Improper server configuration on your device.
- The outdated recovery methods i.e. recovery email and recovery phone number.
- The email address that you are using is rightly entered.
- You are locked out of your Roadrunner email account due to inactivity, inappropriate behavior or hacked account.
- The problem with the connection of the SMTP server or outgoing email connection.
As we have now realized the main causes of Roadrunner email issues, now it’s time to uncover the main issues that users have to face during the use of RR email. We have compiled all the main issues in a list so that you can easily find the one that is troubleshooting and after this, we will talk about the solutions to these issues.
Main Issues with Roadrunner Email
- Issue while configuring the IMAP and POP3 server settings
- The forgotten Roadrunner email account password
- The locked email account
- Unable to create backup email data before updating a new version
- Roadrunner login problem
- Roadrunner sign-up and set-up issues
- Cannot recover RR login password
- Can’t send or receive emails
- Receiving a lot of spam
- Unable to configure Roadrunner email on Android or iPhone.
- Unable to sync or restore Roadrunner contacts
- Problem in managing the Roadrunner mail inbox
- Inability to block the unwanted e-mail address
- The hacked Roadrunner email account
- Unable to create a backup after updating the Roadrunner email version
- The problem in restoring the deleted emails
- The problem in sharing attachments in emails
- Issues in configuring RR email with their email provider
- Issue while configuring RR email on Android
- Issue while configuring RR email on iPhone
- The TWC Email outage
How to Resolve the Roadrunner Email Problems?
There are plenty of Roadrunner troubleshooting tips available, but you need to pick the one that matches the cause of the issue you are facing. This way you can fix Time Warner Roadrunner email problems from the root and control them from occurring in the future.
Solution 1: Check Roadrunner Settings
The settings of your RR email account play a vital role in the functioning of the email service on your device, hence one should check and resolve the problems that are taking place within the setup of RR email. The right settings for Roadrunner emails are:
Roadrunner Incoming Server Settings
- Username: put in your email address
- Password: use your RR email password
- Server: pop-server.maine.rr.com
- Port: 110 (you can decide to use 110)
- Security type: None
Roadrunner Outgoing Server settings:
- Server: smtp-server.maine.rr.com (This can differ based on location. Get the TWC server list based on locations).
- Port: 587 (It may also be 25 if 587 fails to work)
- Security type: None
- Require sign-in: Check
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (based on location)
- Password: Use your Roadrunner email password.
Solution 2: Check “Is spectrum email down?”
It is possible that the spectrum server is facing downtime and hence your Roadrunner email service is not working properly. So, to check the roadrunner email problems today and at the present time, go to https://downdetector.com/status/spectrum/ and see what it has to tell you. For example, it is showing mail.twc.com not working or having some problem
Solution 3: Unlock Locked RR Email Account
Solution 4: Check Size of Attachments
If you are not able to send emails from Roadrunner emails, you need to see the limit for attachment size. Attaching heavy or too many attachments can spring back the emails and generate email sending issues. Therefore, divide a heavy-duty attachment into different smaller attachments and try to send one attachment at a time.
Solution 5: Reconfigure the Email Settings
The settings of your Roadrunner email account can also cause a non-functional email account. So, log in to the RR account and then open the general settings for your account. Change the settings and check if the issues have now been resolved.
Solution 6: Fix Roadrunner Login Issues
Login problems like forgotten email password, hacked email account, or security-key not working, etc. are needed to be resolved as soon as they come into the notice, or else the situation can worsen. Resetting and changing passwords will help to deal with login issues. Apart from this, checking network connection, re-configuring email account, switching browser, and using a known device might do the trick.
- To recover the forgotten email password:
- Go Spectrum login page
- Click Forgot Email Password link
- Answer the security questions and Fill the CAPTCHA.
- Reset your password
- Log in using the newly created password
Solution 7: Check Recipient’s Address if Can’t Send Emails
If you cannot send emails to a particular user and all sent emails have bounced back, make sure you haven’t marked the person as spam or blocked their email address. Marking spam and blocking a person will refrain you from establishing contact with the person and prevent you from receiving and sending emails
Solution 8: Mark Spam to Control Flood of Emails
If you are receiving tons of spam and your inbox is full of unwanted emails, you can mark the certain email address as “Spam”. This will prevent those emails from hitting your inbox by blocking the person. The sender won’t receive any notification for getting blocked, therefore you can safely control spam and unwanted emails, without disturbing your relation with the sender.
Solution 9: Fix Roadrunner Email Issues on Android
The Roadrunner email service is meant to be used on different platforms. The user-friendly interface and easy configuration, make it apt for beginners. But sometimes users can’t set up their Spectrum Roadrunner email account on their Android mobile devices. If you follow the steps given below, you can easily use the roadrunner services on your Android operating system.
- Go to “Mail” app of your mobile
- Provide the roadrunner email login credentials
- Go to “POP” settings for roadrunner email incoming server
- Type the password for your Roadrunner email account
- Enter the required settings for POP
- Then select the IMAP server
- Enter the required settings for the IMAP server
- Click done.
Solution 10: Fix Roadrunner Issues on iPhone
- Go to Settings >>Mail, contact, and calendar option.
- Select Add Account and then enter Roadrunner login credentials.
- In the Incoming Email Server, enter the settings for the POP server.
- In the Outgoing Mail Server, enter the IMAP settings.
- Hit the “Save” button.
If you follow these solutions, you can easily fix the roadrunner email is not working problem. But if these methods are not helping you out, we advise you to visit the official spectrum support page.