AOL is the most commonly used email service platform that gives a very easy as well as secure transportation of emails. But at one point time or another, users report that they are coming across issues while using AOL with MS Outlook. This is the one case that needs proper addressing and well as troubleshooting. So, here is a comprehensive guide that can help you get rid of problems like “AOL email stopped working in Outlook”. Read the complete article and empower yourself with refined technical knowledge.
Why Sync or Add AOL Mail with MS Outlook?
Some people want to know why we need to add AOL to the MS Outlook account, so let’s know the benefits of adding AOL Mail to MS Outlook:
- AOL mail with MS Outlook makes the data saved in it, much more secur and safe.
- AOL data can be easily saved and carried. In other words, you can access your AOL data if it is saved in the server of MS Outlook.
So, most of the users prefer adding AOL to MS Outlook. But at some points or another, users come across technical issues while using the synced version of AOL and Outlook.
What Are the Reasons behind AOL Not Working In Outlook?
Here are the reasons why AOL emails stop working in MS Outlook. If you easily understand the reason, it will become very easy for you to find the best fitting solution to your problem:
- Incoming server details are not entered in an incorrect manner.
- AOL has not been synced in the right manner.
- AOL email user password has been changed.
- Improper internet connection can also cause a problem.
- AOL or Outlook server is out of service.
- The incompatible browser can also stop the functioning of the AOL account on MS Outlook.
- Erroneous hardware and software of your device can also act as a reason for not working AOL properly with MS Outlook.
As you are now familiar with the reasons, let’s get into the troubleshooting methods that can help you get rid of the issues you are facing.
Try These General Troubleshooting Tips
There are many extensive methods that we will discuss later on this blog, but first, we would like to introduce very simple yet effective troubleshooting tips that won’t cost you much time and effort.
- Check if you are entering the right login credentials while configuring
- Make sure the internet connection is stable enough to execute the configuration.
- Check the size and space available in Outlook before the configuration.
- Check the server outrage for AOL as well Outlook.
- Remove the cache and cookies from your browser.
How to Fix “AOL email stopped working in Outlook”
Method 1: Update Password
If you have updated the password for your AOL email password on the internet or browser, you need to make sure that you update it on the email client like Outlook.
- Open Outlook and go to Account Settings
- Choose your AOL email account and now update your browser
Method 2: Check Incoming Server Details
The one reason for the non-functional AOL email is incorrect Incoming Server details. So, it is advised to check the IMAP and POP settings. Here are the right set of details you need to enter:
1. Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server
- Server – export.imap.aol.com
- Port – 993
- Requires SSL – Yes
2. Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
- Server – smtp.aol.com
- Port – 465
- Requires SSL – Yes
- requires authentication – Yes
3. Your login info
- Email address – Your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password – Your account’s password
- Requires authentication – Yes
Method 3: Update Email Application
The older version of MS Outlook can make it difficult for you to use third-party emails like AOL. Because the outdated version might not work with the latest security settings of AOL email. So, you can try updating the version of Outlook email client for better and error-free functioning.
Important Note: After you update the version of MS Outlook, you need to re-add the AOL email account. Below is the way to re-add the AOL email to Outlook.
Method 4: Use Third-Party Software
There are many paid and free third-party tools like SysTools and Kernel that allow you to fix your problem “AOL not working with MS Outlook”. You can download any such tool and see if they can help. Many of them offer a free trial version for one-time use, so you are all sorted.