Essential Guide To Recover A Hacked SBCGlobal Email Account
Updated on August 2, 2021 | by James Stone
Imagine a situation where you have a free SBCGlobal email account that you have been using for such a long period that now it has become an integral part of everything you do and suddenly you’re not able to login to your account as it has been hacked. Isn’t it scary? Yes, it is! Unfortunately, this is not just an imaginary situation, but there’s the number of users who have experienced this scary situation as their accounts have been hacked.
However, you might have heard that “Every situation comes along with some solution!” Similarly, there are possible solutions to recover hacked SBCGlobal email accounts. But before that, it is also important to know about the “signs of a compromised/hacked account and how an account has been hacked” so that you can deal with this matter more sensibly and effectively. So, without wasting any further second, let’s get started:
What are the Signs of a Hacked Account?
Hacking doesn’t always mean that “you’re no longer able to gain access to your account.” In many cases, fraudsters/hackers don’t want their victims to know that they’ve been hacked! So, because of that, you might not be able to differentiate that your SBCGlobal account has already been hacked. But, thankfully there are a number of signs of suspicious activity to know about SBC email hacked account, and they are given below:
- Unexpected password reset emails: Sometimes without your request, you received a password reset email. So keep an eye on such suspicious emails and immediately secure your account with a more secure and harder to guess password.
- Strange emails in your sent mail folder: Sometimes hackers won’t change your account password so that you won’t notice anything wrong or unusual. In this case, you can determine the unusual activity, by looking at your sent email folder. If by any chance, there’s an email that you haven’t sent ever, this simply means someone else is using your account.
- Some unusual inbox activities or complaints from contacts: When you start receiving complaints from your contacts that they’re receiving strange emails from you, then simply this could be a sign of someone (hacker) using your email inbox to send phishing and spam emails.
- Unusual IP addresses: Email services let you use a tool that shows your last 5 login activity along with the IP address which you used. Same way when someone else gets access to your account then their IP address is also recorded. You can check it and if you don’t recognize an IP address, then it means someone is tampering with your email account.
- Can’t log-in: This is the most panic-inducing sign and also the most obvious one. Hackers change the password of accounts to prevent the account holder from logging in and retaking control of their accounts. In this case, without thinking any further initiate the password recovery process.
How to Recover A Hacked SBCGlobal Email Account?
You can recover a hacked account by resetting your password for the SBCGlobal email account. And to do so, there are two methods. So, as per your ease, use any of the below-mentioned methods to recover your hacked email account.
Method 1: When you’re unable to sign-in:
Under this method also there are two ways to recover a hacked account, and they are as follows:
Way 1: Use Alternate Recovery Email Address or Phone Number:
- Open the ‘SBCGlobal sign-in page’ from your internet browser. Then, enter the correct user ID and click on the ‘Forgot password’ option below the blank password text field.
- You’ll be directed to the new window where you have to select either ‘Send me a code via recovery email’ or ‘Send me a code via recovery phone number’ from the available recovery options.
- Then, in order to receive a verification code to reset SBCGlobal email account password, provide the alternate email id or phone number.
- Once you received the code either on your recovery email or on your phone number, copy that code and enter it on the recovery password page of SBC Global.
- Doing so will direct you to a page where you can reset your password.
- That’s it! After that go back to the login page and enter the email address and the newly created password to gain access to the SBC Global email account.
Way 2: Use Security Question:
- Using Google search engine, open the ‘SBC Global find your password page,’ enter all the required information on that page (Email ID, name, and tick the checkbox as well). And, then press on the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the next page, simply select the ‘Security question’ as your recovery option.
- After that answer, the security question with the correct answer (which you had provided during the sign-up process) and then press ‘Continue.’
- Once SBCGlobal verifies your answer, it will then direct you to a page to reset the password of your SBCGlobal account.
- Type a new password, re-enter it, and after that click on the ‘Continue’ to complete the process.
- Once you’re done, wait till you receive a message from SBC Global email service that reads “your password has been reset successfully.’
- That’s it! Now, you can log in to your SBC Global email account using your email ID address and newly created password.
Method 2: When you are able to sign-in:
- Open ‘att.yahoo.com’ web page and click on the ‘mail icon’ (which is on the top-right corner of the screen) in order to login to your SBCGlobal email account.
- When you’re directed to sign-in page, open your mail account/sign-in with correct login credentials.
- Once you logged in, from the left corner of the screen click on the option of ‘Hi, your first name’ in order to further open the ‘Yahoo account Info’ option.
- Then click on ‘Manage passwords and account security’ in order to direct yourself to the ‘AT&T online management page/ OLAM page.’
- There on the OLAM page, you need to sign-in again with your login credentials.
- This will take you to a new page where you will be easily able to change or create a new password i.e., a more secure one.
How to Avoid Hacking For Future Reference to Secure SBCGlobal Email Account against Unethical Activities?
- Change the Password Regularly: Though, there are options with the help of which one can recover a hacked account but why to wait until the account hacked when you can easily secure your account from every possible online security threat in advance. Yes, that’s true! According to security essentials, one can secure SBCGlobal accounts in advance by changing the passwords at a regular interval of 30,60, and 90 days. Also, along with that always remember to sign-out from all the unrecognized areas and other devices.
- Secure Device: Not only that, to secure your online accounts, it is also necessary to protect your devices such as a computer (which you used to access your email accounts) against all kinds of viruses as they can possibly steal your stored data including your online account passwords. To do so:
- Install anti-malware software that will help you in finding all the possible malware on your computer and at the same time remove them.
- Timely update your operating system with all the security updates.
- Keep scanning your computer with the help of a reliable antivirus software program.
- Check the Email Settings: To review and check the below-mentioned settings of your SBCGlobal email account, you need to click on the ‘Gear like icon’ from your email ‘Settings’ option.
- Accounts: By selecting the ‘Edit’ option, check the details of your account for any unknown account or incorrect information.
- Email Signature: Check whether there’s any change and if there’s any then undo it right there.
- Contacts settings: Check your contacts list and if there’s an unknown contact on your list, just remove that contact immediately.
- Security Question: Check your security question as well, whether changed or not! It is also recommended that it’s better to update your security question sometimes. And, you can even enable the option to answer the security question to access SBC Global email account.
So, in a way to protect your online accounts, learn the signs of unethical and suspicious activities going on in your email account, take steps to cater issues related to those activities, use methods to gain complete access to your account and also practice good security regimen to prevent future hacks.