How to Restore AT&T Net Email Login Account If It is Hacked?
An email account getting hacked is one of those situations that calls for police action. An email account today is not just a platform where messages are stored, but a huge chunk of personal data can also be found stored in the email accounts, which if get into the hands of hackers can be used against the person whom it belongs to.
In this post, we will discuss some effective ways to get back your email account when it is hacked by users. The email service we will be discussing here is SBCGlobal email issues, so if you are using this email service, then you should bookmark the link to this post.
If you have figured out that your SBCGlobal email has been hacked, then you should immediately reset your password. Along with that, you need to change the security question and its answer because if your account is hacked, then the hacker must have answered your security question.
Ideally, you must change the password of your SBCGlobal email account after a month or so because doing that will prevent such precarious situations.
While resetting the password, it is important to keep a few things in mind, which are:
- The password should not be your name, date of birth, or anything that could be easily guessed through your social accounts.
- Create a strong password consisting of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Don’t use one password for multiple email IDs.
There are some other tips as well, which you can make use of to safeguard your att.net login.
- Use a password manager: Remembering all the passwords is a daunting task, which is why most people prefer to have the same passwords for all their logins or have some similarity in the passwords so that they can easily remember the passwords. But, having the same passwords call for trouble, therefore it is better to use a ‘password manager’ to manage all your passwords.
- Choose tough security questions: What is the make of your first car or what is the name of your first school, a person who wants to hack your SBCGlobal email account can find a way to get answers to such questions. Select a tough security question that nobody could answer. You can create your own question in case you are not satisfied with the options of questions that you’re seeing on the screen. Moreover, don’t choose the same question for multiple email accounts because if one email account gets hacked, then it won’t take much longer for the hacker to hack that second one as well.
- Two-Factor Authentication: You can set two-factor authentication for your SBCGlobal email account. You don’t have to go into email settings because this authentication can be done when you enter the OTP that is sent to your phone. Just enter the OTP while logging into your account and that’s it. Without this OTP, you can’t log into your email account.
If you want to know more details as to how to secure your SBCGlobal email account, then call email support. They will assist you most suitably.