Here’s How to Troubleshoot the Encountered Login Issue in Comcast Email Account
Considering the remarkable customer service, reach, and popularity of Comcast Corporation, there’s no wonder why it has more than 50 million subscribers from all across the world. But, despite enjoying all the comprehensive features and benefits of a clean user-interface that the Xfinity website in the form of Comcast webmail service provides; the subscribers still get frustrated with various technical errors and issues that they encounter from time to time.
However, out of all the Xfinity email problems, it has been noticed that the majority of the Comcast subscribers registered about the Comcast email login issue and that too very occasionally. Thus, today we’ve come out with this blog to discuss only the ‘Login problem of Comcast Email’ from the rest of the Comcast email problems.
So, if you’re from those subscribers who’re unable to sign in to your Comcast email account from Comcast webpage with the Comcast’s Xfinity internet service and also have tried multiple computers and different browser but still end up with an error saying you couldn’t connect to login.xfinity.com then, just relax a bit!
And, give us a chance to tell you that fortunately, the login problem with your Comcast email can be easily solved by performing some basic troubleshooting tips or solutions. So, instead of wondering what is wrong with Comcast email, have your attention here to know about how to troubleshoot the Comcast login issue!
The reasons due to which you might be facing issues signing in to your Comcast email account can be numerous for instance, you have forgotten your password or you are entering the incorrect password or it may be because someone has hacked your account and changed its login credentials.
So, with considering the fact that there can be multiple possibilities behind why you’re facing the login error, it is suggested that you should try resolving the log-in issue of your Comcast email account firstly by applying the following basic troubleshooting tips—
|Tip 1||Ensure that your internet network connection is strong by checking whether your Comcast modem/router is connected properly or not.|
|Tip 2||Make sure to turn off and turn on the ‘NUMLOCK’ and ‘CAPSLOCK’ keys while entering your password as passwords are always case-sensitive.|
|Tip 3||Avoid copy-pasting your password as there is a possibility of including a ‘Space’ at the beginning or at the end of the password.|
|Tip 4||Try to type slowly and steadily to avoid the human tendency of doing typo-error while in a hurry.|
|Tip 5||If your browser is auto-filling your old/previous password then, check your browser’s ‘Auto-fill Settings’ and update it with your current password.|
|Tip 6||Even a minor server fault can also lead to log in issues thus, you should check whether there’s a Comcast Email Service outage in your area or not simply from the websites like ‘Downdetector.in.’ And, if you come to know that the status of Comcast server is down, then contact your local administrator for fixing the same.|
|Tip 7||Make sure the compatibility of your web browser with Comcast email and if required, update your web browser’s version.|
|Tip 8||Also, remove all the add-ons & plugins from your browser that might be interfering with your Comcast email service leading to blocking your account access.|
|Tip 9||Last but not the least; try temporarily disabling your antivirus and Windows Firewall as they can also block your access to the Comcast email service account.|
However, if these aforementioned tips don’t work in your case then, move on to recover your Comcast account by resetting your password as this is the only best ‘basic solution’ left to regain access to your Comcast email account.
Recover Comcast Email Account by Resetting Password
- To begin the ‘Password resetting’ process, open your web browser, paste this link “https://www.xfinity.com/” in the search bar, and hit the ‘Enter’ button to reach on the official Xfinity website.
- On the website page, click on the ‘Sign in’ option from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Doing so will open a new page of ‘Comcast sign-in’ on your computer screen.
- There, enter your ‘Comcast Email ID, Registered Mobile Number or Username’ in the required text field and then, locate the ‘Forgot Xfinity ID or Password?’ link to select the password option.
- As soon as you click on the ‘Password’ option, a new ‘Reset your Password Options’ page will open in front of you where you have to again enter your ‘Email ID’ and after entering the same, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- After that, on the next screen, enter the ‘CAPTCHA’ as shown in the displayed Captcha code image to navigate further on the subsequent screen where you’ll be provided with the various ‘Password recovery’ options such as the following—
- Option1: Send the password reset code to the Comcast email address
- Option 2: Send the password reset code to the registered phone number
- Option 3: I’ll answer my security question (which you would have set up at the time of sign up process) and ZIP Code.
- Out of these, select one recovery option and just click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now, based on your recovery option choice, perform these steps further—
- If you’ve selected option 1 then, you will get a password reset link in your email account which you have to open by accessing your email address.
- Similarly, if you’ve selected option 2 then, you will receive the same password reset code on your registered phone number which you will require to enter on the subsequent screen.
- However, if you’ve selected option 3 then, what you need to do is answer the asked security question correctly along with the right ‘ZipCode’ to reach on the last ‘Password Reset’ page.
- On the page, simply enter a new password for your Comcast email account and re-enter the same in order to confirm it once.
- Now, go back to the ‘Xfinity Sign-in’ page, and there, enter your ‘Comcast Email ID’ along with the ‘Comcast Password’ that you’ve recently changed to login to your Comcast account without any further difficulty.
That’s all about how you can troubleshoot the ‘Comcast email login not working’ issue. And, if you need any further assistance or help in dealing with other email issues related to your Comcast account then, simply read-out our other blogs on Comcast email service.
September 24, 2020