How to Recover Your Verizon Email Account in Just Few Steps
It often happens with us that we forget our ID password and then waste hours on it to recover our accounts. Well, that’s not anyone’s fault because there are so many usernames with so many passwords to remember for each and every ID.
Just like that you might often have forgotten your Verizon email account’s password and then have wasted a lot of time looking into it. And once you lose your login credentials, you won’t have access to any of your data stored in that ID.
This is why username and password to an account are something that one cannot afford to lose in any case. Let’s take it this way, it’s like losing keys to your main door, you can’t get in until you have it, forget the password once and you can’t access the services until you remember it again or at least reset it.
A similar thing happened with one of my friends. She got a new system to work on and had to fill in all of her login credentials for each and every ID, and just then she realized that she had forgotten the password of her Verizon email account. She got a bit tense and tried to remember her old password but couldn’t. After hours of brainstorming and surfing over the internet, she came up with the ideal way of recovering her account and retrieving Verizon emails stored in it.
Here, I have made the list of steps she used while recovering her Verizon mailing ID.
Starting from the top.
At the initial stage you need quite a few important information to start with your email account recovery process.
Information You Need To Reset Your Verizon Email Password
- Verizon account username,
- Billing zip code,
- And most likely answer to a secret question for verification,
- Or access to the phone that is already linked with your Verizon account (this is for receiving the notification and password recovery details.)
Note: Your Verizon email account username might not be the same as your email address.
Steps to Reset Your Verizon Account Password
- Visit https://signin.verizon.com/sso/forgotflows, you will be asked to enter your Verizon email account username and password, just below that, you will see the “forgot your info” button.
- After that, you’ll be taken to the next page, follow the instructions there.
- Most probably, it will ask you for the one-time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number to your account.
- Note the OTP and type it into the field you are given on the same window.
- After that, you will be asked to enter a new password (twice) and then, click on the finish button.
Important Note: It is advised to take a note or write the password somewhere accessible to you in case you forget or lose it again. Plus, many third-party sites assist you to manage your passwords time-to-time.
Recovering Verizon Email Password
In some cases, you might want to recover your account. Recovering your account is a bit different from resetting your password. Let’s know how it works.
Here’s what you can do by just following these few steps.
Note: The following steps are quite similar to the above-mentioned steps but might help you with your issue in an easier way.
- Visit the Verizon wireless website and click on the sign-in option.
- Now under the sign-in option, click on the password option.
- You will be induced to enter the 10-digit mobile number that you have registered to your Verizon account. Once you enter the number, click on the “I’m not a robot” option under it to verify yourself as a human.
- Click on the continue button.
- After that, you will be directed to another window where you will be asked to enter the zip code for your account.
- Enter the zip code and click on Continue to move ahead.
- After that, you will have two options:
- Send the temporary message on the phone as a text message.
- Send the temporary password to the email account.
Select any of these two options according to your preference.
- Then, enter your user ID or the phone number along with the temporary password you just received on the page and click on the sign-in button.
- As the final step, go to my account page and click on the change my password option if you are not asked to create a new password. And then, Enter your new password.
Well, there you go, you have successfully recovered your Verizon email account.
The important aspect here to keep in mind is, the site you are using to change or recover your Verizon email account password. This is so because there are a few sites which if you use to change or recover your password will automatically update your passwords on other Verizon portals too.
Sites to Keep in Mind
- My Verizon,
- Push To Talk,
- VZ Navigator,
- And Backup Assistant.
Phew! Better to keep the credentials safe, right?
Another issue that people might face is when they have linked their Verizon email account with their Outlook account. Linking two or more accounts with each other is quite a common thing now as it makes it easier to get access to them altogether.
Resetting Verizon Password in Outlook
If you have linked your Verizon email account with your Outlook account and then you lost the password to your email, you will have to make changes in your Outlook account as well. This is also because linking accounts with each other also merges your data which you will have to keep updating from time to time.
So as the next step after you reset your Verizon email password, you will be required to make changes in your outlook account.
For doing so, just follow the below mentioned steps and you are good to go:
- Go to the main window, click on the menu file button> then the account setting menu item. This will take you to the account setting window.
- In that window, click once on the Verizon account, then click on the change link. This will take you to the change accounts window.
- In the password field, fill the new password that you just changed, then click the next button. It will shut down the change accounts window.
- You will be taken back to the account setting window and there click on the close button.
Well, it doesn’t end here, in some cases, you will find that outlook isn’t running either. In this case, what you can do is:
If Outlook isn’t Working either
- Go to the Windows control panel and into the search field, type mail in the search field ( top right corner of the screen)
- There, double click on the mail entry, this will open a mail setup window.
- Click the email account button, from there, pick from the above step 2.
In the worst case scenario, if you can’t remember your login info and can’t have access to the information required by Verizon, you’ll always have the option of directly contacting the Verizon customer services. There, you will have assistance from the expert themselves.
Plus, if you are still facing any sort of problem with your account access and also can’t get help from the Verizon customer services either, you can have access to any third-party experts who will give you complete guidance in your account recovery.
Most of such companies have an excellent track record of providing assured satisfaction to their customers.
All in all, you don’t have to worry about your account. We are all here to assist you.