How to Recover or Change AOL Password
- Using the “Account Security” page, you can easily change your AOL password.
- If you’ve forgotten your AOL password, there is a “Forgot Password?” from the sign-in page.
- By setting the strong and unique AOL password, it becomes easy to protect your account.
Without a strong and unique password, there is no way you can keep your AOL account secure and safe. But sometimes, even a strong password can’t shield your account and this is when changing your password frequently comes to the rescue.
But when your account is attacked by hackers, the only possibility that is left for is the AOL password recovery. Luckily there is a very simple way available to retrieve your AOL password.
Steps to Change AOL Password If You Know Current Password
- Open any browser and visit the AOL login page or https://www.aol.com/ , and click on login/join.
- Click profile-picture from the top-right corner of the page to open your account page.
- From the navigation pane, click on “Account Security”
- Click “Change Password”
- Now, type-in the new password and enter it again to confirm the password. And then, click on “Show Password”. Then, click on “Continue”
- Your new password will now be saved.
How to Reset Forgotten AOL Password
- Open https://www.aol.com/, and open the login page from there from the top-right corner of the screen.
- On the next page click on “Forgot Password?”
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your AOL password. The next process will depend upon the password you’ve set for your AOL account. You will receive a verification code on your email address or phone number. After entering the code, you will be able to create a new password for your AOL account.
Tips to Create a Secure Password for Your AOL Account
- Make sure you are not using your obvious information such as DOB, 12345, name of your pet, your name, or surname.
- The more long and complex your password would, the better it will secure your account.
- Do not enter letters that are too close or next to each on the keyboard. For an instance using corners of the keyboard.
- Make sure you are using a unique password and not repeating a password that has been used somewhere.
- Make sure you regularly change your AOL password.
November 6, 2020