800+ Perfect Gmail Username Ideas & Tips to Pick the Right Name
- How can we pick the perfect Gmail username for ourselves?
- Making the right combinations of usernames for Gmail
- Modifying your name
- Adding qualifications
- Adding location
- Let the form follow the function
- Being creative
- Cool Gmail usernames
- Creative Gmail names
- Good Gmail names
- Cute email address ideas
- Short email address ideas
- Best email address names
- Good email account names
- Catchy Gmail usernames
- Unique Gmail name ideas
The username of an account is something that represents us, it is basically the soul of each profile we have on the internet. Then how about making it interesting? Making it something extraordinary? You can do that with any of your account’s usernames, even with Gmail usernames too. You can alter your Gmail username anyway you want it to be; funny, cool, aesthetic, professional, and whatnot.
So, I assume that’s what lured you here, the search for some great Gmail username ideas. Well, that’s what I’m here for; continue reading to know what you need to get the right username for your Gmail account and how you can select one from the gazillions of options out there.
That gives birth to one question, that I asked myself too, is it really worth investing so much time in picking a Gmail username? Here’s the answer to it-
For most prospects, the Gmail username is the very first thing they see while interacting with you, hence, your Gmail username is like the first impression you will have on your prospects. I guess that answers your question about why you should spend so much time deciding your username. But here’s something more to give you a more solid reason.
Research says that around 47% of recipients base their decisions on the one-liner subject line that you create, which gives a strong direction towards them making their decision based on your Gmail username as well, or at least, it possesses the ability to leave a significant impact on them.
I don’t think that left any doubt now. So let’s move ahead and learn what practices we should adopt while picking our email usernames.
How Can We Pick the Perfect Gmail Username for Ourselves?
Since your Gmail username has so much potential to impact your work, it should be chosen carefully. Professionally, it should be kept as simple and minimal as it can be, but there are often times when the username you pick is already taken by someone, or there can be some other aspects. But that can be a case of some issue, this is why here are some best practices you can undertake to get the perfect and the most-suited username for Gmail:
1. Make them memorable- While having a business online and via the internet, it is quite common to have silly mistakes like spelling errors, this is why try to make things simple and easy to remember. If you have to put in some information that is hard to comprehend and spell, try to look for its shorter version so that it’s easier in any way.
2. Pick your own domain- If you are into something more professional and formal, then picking your own domain can be really profitable. All you have to do is create a straightforward and memorable URL that is easy to use. Having a domain is quite better because-
- It helps in building trust and credibility for your brand or venture.
- It makes your business look and sound even more professional in all senses.
- It is the best way to protect your copyrights and trademarks.
- Domains can help you increase your brand awareness.
3. Avoid using numbers in your professional email- Using numbers in a personal email address might be a little common these days, but for a professional email username, it is a no-go.
4. Make it pronounceable- While making it simple and short, also make it pronounceable so that when you narrate it verbally or tell someone, they are able to comprehend it without any further clarification. This often happens in businesses where you have to read out your email address in loud, so make it something that is easy to pronounce.
Now that you are quite aware of how you should pick your Gmail usernames, let’s move ahead and have a look at this Gmail usernames list I have made.
Making the Right Combinations of Usernames for Gmail
If you are lucky enough, then your first and last name combination will be available on Gmail, Phew! Problem solved. But if it isn’t, you can try some below-given combinations:
- First initial and surname- There’s no harm in picking just the initials of your first name and attaching it with your last name, it will still sound professional. Just like- JFord.
- First name, middle name, and last name, altogether- I mean, after all, it’s all your name, so why not put it all in it? Just like- JamesHenryFord
- First name, middle name’s initials, and last name- JamesHford
- Nickname and last name– Your nickname doesn’t have to be childish, like for James, it can be Jamie, so the username will be like Jamieford.
- Last name and then first name- You can also reverse your name, there’s no harm in that. Just like- FordJames.
- First and middle initials with last name- You can just put your first two initials and then your last name, just like JHFord.
- First name and last initials- Just reverse the previous concert, just like- JamesF.
Modifying Your Name
If you think that your name might be too long or already taken by any other user, you can just modify your name, and there are various ways for it. Let’s have a look:
- Make your name shorter- Try something like JamFord, or if it’s Elizabeth, try making it Liz, or Lizzy.
- You can also include a shortened middle name- Try making it like JamesHenFord.
Adding your qualifications helps the recipient give an idea of what the email is going to be about. But make sure that you also don’t emphasize it too much because that can be a little obnoxious. Here’s how:
- Add job title and name- This can be attained in cases when your job title is quite close to your roles, like a Doctor or a professor. So the email username can be like Dr.James or ProfessorJames.
- Job title- You can also add just your job title, SoftwareEng.
- Add your qualification with your name- You can add both your name and your degree or qualification. Just like RossGellarPhD.
Adding Your Location
Sometimes it does make sense when you add the name of your city or region when the business is tied specifically to it or when you are a franchise of a bigger company. Here’s how to do that:
- First name and state- JamesIllinois
- Name and city- Jamesinchicago
- Name and company- jamesglobaltech
- Full name and company’s name- JamesFordglobaltech
- Company and city- Globatechchicago
Let the Form Follow the Function
If your job role is related to something that gathers queries and customer support, you can add that particular role too. Plus, it makes more sense to add something to your email address that gives the exact idea to the recipient. This can be something like
Others with no name can be:
If your work includes being satirical like if you’re a comic show host, or you have quite a unique niche, you can try something different and make some cool Gmail names for your business.
But if you choose this category, always keep the niche and genre of your brand in your mind and try not to get distracted within the process. Here’s how to create some creative Gmail names:
- Founder’s email- If it’s the email address of the founder.
- Globaltechideas- company’s name and task.
- Corporate mascot
- Playing on words
So these were the techniques you can use to make your Gmail usernames. I also have a list of Gmail account names from where you can directly pick the perfect Gmail address for your email.
Cool Gmail Usernames
|Valar morghulis||Beautifully cute||dora|
|The explorer||Baby rocket||The apollo|
|Drake||Glitter and gold||Passion and fold|
|Hashtag||High pie||Cutie pie|
Creative Gmail Names
|Dance and sing||Pretty perry||Cute like unicorn|
|Genuine guy||All your queries not here||Pass it on|
|Small tom||Big jerry||Henderson|
|Stranger mails||Captain emails||Too late|
|Laura||Suggest me a name||Imcreepy|
Good Gmail Names
|Skittie||Kitty cat||Miss cat|
|Hoosier daddy||Christain dior||Bambi|
|It was a mistake||We were on a break||Dumbest man|
|Not that wise||Here for you||Something|
|Bubblegum||Fly pie||Jelly Belly|
|Modern family||Sierra||Mav rick|
|Top gun||Cruise tom||Bond James|
|Girl on the wheels||Girl with wheels||Contact here|
Cute Email Address Ideas
|Pigtails||Smurfy||Home alone 7|
|Mini onions||Arya stark||Tony Stark|
|Chocolaty boy||Cute like anything||Apple pie|
|Marble||Amber heard||Jack Sparrow|
|Living angel||Pincessland||Grungy girl|
|I play games||Xbox girl||Ocean girl|
|Seas bay||Benta girl||Noice|
Short Email Address Ideas
|Gone girl||Just for you||Dolgea|
|Party girl||Bright cindy||Pumpkin|
|Mon cheri||Adios||Bon suir|
|Win win||Red cream||Ripeley|
Best Email Address Names
|Gamer girl||Gamer king||King of all realms|
|Man hattan||New york bay||Curly|
|Otis||Season 4||Take me home|
|Pecan pie||Dusty bawls||Mulan|
|Mueller||Suite||Sweet and sour|
Good Email Account Names
|Monster||King of kings||Gambit|
|Prince||Gummy bear||Smelly cat|
|Hang on||Cookie dough||Moncur|
|Lady in red||Men in black||Terminator|
|Dinasours||Sleepy girl||check your inbox|
Catchy Gmail Usernames
|Always there||Gamer guy||Kills|
|Kill bill||Sia||Doja dog|
|Alias||Not from this planet||Radar|
|Why not||Blood rain||Lad gaga|
Unique Gmail Name Ideas
|Hot box chic||Gilpye||Cortana|
|Regina philangee||Princess Consuela||Crap bag|
|Sweet tooth||Fepen||Royal bee|
|Lion king||Jungle king||Maroon 6|
|Cup cake||Silver slayer||Loura|
More on Gmail-
- How to verify your Gmail account in just a few steps?
- A guide to block, remove and unsubscribe all unwanted emails
- How to recover permanently deleted Emails on Gmail?