How to Find a Forwarding Address
Changing places every now and then is pretty much unavoidable for some people, but what if you want to get in touch with someone who has moved away?
This is why forwarding addresses are a godsend for us.
They help us get in touch with our loved ones, family, and friends who have recently moved away.
So, if you’re looking for ways to find the forwarding address of a friend, family member, or loved one because they have moved, then you’re in the right place.
In this article, we will learn what a forwarding address is and some of the ways you can find one.
From reconnecting with your ex to making sure that your mail reaches the intended person, you’ll find all you need to know about forwarding addresses here.
What is a Forwarding Address?
Forwarding addresses are like a GPS for your mail. This means that when some people move to a new place or town, they can set an alternate mailing address with the postal office so that all their emails get to them at their new place.
It’s a way to stay connected even when you’ve changed locations.
For example, what if your friend has moved and you want to send your letters to them? Having a forwarding address helps you get in touch with them, even if you do not know their new address.
It can be anything from a PO box to a redirect to the post office in the new city they have moved to.
Forwarding addresses make it easy for any of their mail to get to them at their new place.
Similarly, if you need to find someone who has moved, understanding what a forwarding address is becomes necessary.
So, how do you find the forwarding address of the person you want to reach?
Here are a couple of methods that might be of help:
Method 1: Check In With USPS
One of the most effective and straightforward ways of finding a forwarding address is by checking in with the United States Postal Service (USPS).
DID YOU KNOW?
The maximum amount of time that mail can be forwarded through USPS is a total of 24 months. Extended mail forwarding is not available for temporary changes of residence.
The USPS offers a service called the National Change of Address (NCOA) database. Here’s how you can use it:
- Visit the USPS Official Website: Go to the official USPS website.
- Navigate to the “Move/Change of Address” Section: Look for the “Move/Change of Address” option on the website. It’s usually under the “Track & Manage” or “Receiving Mail” section.
- Access the Change of Address (COA) Form: Find and complete the Change of Address (COA) form. You’ll be asked to provide details like the person’s full name, old address, and the date of their move.
- Verification Process: The USPS will then verify the information provided against their NCOA database, which has updated forwarding addresses. If a match is found, you’ll be able to get your friend’s new address.
- Fee and Additional Options: Keep in mind that some services may require a small fee. The USPS provides various options, including online and offline methods, so choose the one that suits your needs.
By using the USPS NCOA database, you can get some pretty accurate and latest forwarding addresses of the person you’re trying to reach.
Besides, it’s one of the easiest methods on this list, and even boomers won’t have a hard time with it.
Method 2: Use a Free People Search Tool
To make the process as easy as possible, though, you’ll want to use a free people search tool.
This tool is pretty much like an online detective that looks through the national public records to find details about a specific person.
So, if you’re thinking of using the people search tool, here’s how you can use it:
- Enter the Person’s Information: Once you’ve loaded up the website, you’ll find a search bar. Enter the person’s full name and any other information you have, like their last known address or the city they lived in.
- Review the Results: The people search tool will generate a list of potential matches based on the information you provide. Look for the person you’re searching for in the results.
- Access Additional Details: Some people’s search tools may provide different details about the person, including their forwarding address. This could include information gathered from public records, social media, and other sources.
- Verify and Confirm: It’s important to verify the accuracy of the information. Cross-check all the details provided by the people search tool with other reliable sources if possible.
- Always Respect Privacy: Just like you wouldn’t want someone snooping on your personal information, it’s important to make sure you’re respecting other people’s data throughout this process as well. Make sure to use these tools responsibly and within legal and ethical boundaries.
Why Would Someone Need to Find a Forwarding Address?
Well, there are just so many reasons why one would want to have a forwarding address.
From wanting to stay in touch to sending them official documents and emails, forwarding addresses are a must-have for those who want to relocate to a new address without much hassle.
Find Anyone’s Forwarding Address With a Free People Lookup Tool
You can very easily find someone’s forwarding address by using a free people lookup tool.
It’s quick and incredibly convenient. All you need is a person’s first and last name, and you’ll get access to loads of information, such as their previous addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, and social media profiles.
So, once you have their forwarding address, you can reach out to them and stay connected.