What Will PDF Conversion Look Like in the Future?
One of the most flexible and widely used digital formats is undeniably PDF, also known as Portable Document Format.
It is used for digitizing documentation and storing, sharing, and editing all kinds of data, from text to pictures and graphs.
With such popularity comes the need for PDF conversion, and many users always seek new tools and ways to make this process faster and more accessible.
Alongside the innovative and efficient solutions offered by advanced services like PDF Guru, the landscape is continuously evolving, promising even more advanced and user-friendly features shortly.
So, let’s learn more about what awaits the PDF format and what we’ll be able to do with it.
How Artificial Intelligence Can Automate PDF Conversion
As you would already know, AI has been a very popular and promising technology lately. It has come a long way, although its current capabilities are only the beginning.
The above statistics show PDFs as a percentage of the electronic documents that are currently present on the web.
While PDF is a very widespread and demanded layout, it might be challenging to make alterations to the text or convert such files into other formats. These challenges can be tackled using Artificial Intelligence.
Here are some advantages of introducing AI in any conversion tool:
- Extracting data more accurately: Manual data extraction is not as precise as the AI solution. Working with large PDFs and classifying details can be more efficient using AI technology.
- Increased efficiency: It allows streamlining a range of tasks when working with PDF documents, thus reducing human errors.
- Better productivity: As this format is used by businesses worldwide, much time and effort is dedicated to working with these files. By leaving the documentation management to these technologies, it is possible to allow employees to focus on other pressing tasks.
- Cost-efficiency: Converting PDFs, editing them, and extracting information through Artificial Intelligence helps reduce costs as it saves time and manual labor.
AI is used to make any task easier and more efficient, which is why we can expect to use it to deal with PDF folders within seconds in the future.
Converting PDFs in an Eco-Friendly Way
The convenience of these documents is undeniable, as this technology allows working without relying on actual papers too much.
One of the biggest issues of modern companies is the slow and wasteful usage of physical documentation, which can be avoided or at least reduced through alternative methods, such as digital formats.
This conversion can be eco-friendly as it allows for minimizing the use of paper documents. However, while many people already know how to convert something to PDF, not all of them do, which leads to printing out the documents and using paper all over again.
Luckily, there are many ways to work on PDFs easily, thanks to converter services. Here is how you can work on a portable document without printing it out:
- Use Edit PDF tools to make changes to your files.
- Convert a PDF file into a Word file for convenient editing and working with the text.
Did You Know?
PDF is an invention of Adobe Systems.
- Convert a PDF into an Excel file to work with tables and spreadsheets.
- Convert these files with pictures into different image formats, such as JPG, PNG, and more. This allows for using these pictures without compromising their quality.
- Sign the files digitally without printing them out. E-sign is a technology that allows placing official signatures on official papers.
Converting the folders to and from PDF is a quick and simple process — a more convenient way to work on documents. It allows for easier storage, sharing, and increased security.
Mobile-First PDF Tools
One of the key requirements for any technology is compatibility with portable solutions. Everyone owns a smartphone, and many people use tablets, which makes it necessary to have access to all the technology that desktop computers have.
While PDF files are useful because they can be shared easily and viewed on any device, this unfortunately does not mean that they can be as easily viewed on every mobile phone and tablet.
The above graph shows the percentage of websites that use various image file formats.
Certain documents that can be read easily on computers might be difficult to work with on portable gadgets, which is one of the priorities in the future of this format and PDF conversion in particular.
There is an abundance of specific tools designed for desktop devices, which is why people can expect to see more mobile-friendly solutions in the years ahead.
Mobile PDF readers already exist, although there is a lot of room for improvement, not to mention the conversion and editing on mobile gadgets, which will be possible without having to download tons of different software.
Mobile devices always require increased security, as they are usually less protected than computers. Being always connected to the Internet and sharing important PDFs with sensitive company data can be rather dangerous.
Working on improved security solutions for mobile gadgets is something to look forward to in the future, and Portable Document Format is one of the safest ways of storing and sharing digital information.
PDF is an extremely useful and secure technology used by individuals and businesses worldwide.
It has been around for a couple of decades already, which speaks in its favor, as not many other digital formats can withstand such a test of time.
The future of PDF technology and its conversion is bright, as there is still a lot to be done in this direction.