Stay Updated with the 5paisa Investment Platform
Updated on October 14, 2021 | by James Stone
When you are an investor you need to be well updated with all your investments and the happenings in the market. It is necessary to be up to date with what is going on in the market and the upcoming IPOs to get a chance for a good allotment. All this does make you a smart investor. It is also necessary for you to be updated with Sensex and Nifty, these are the index used by the Bombay Stock Exchange as an index for the economic positioning of the investment market.
Let us First Understand What is Meant by Sensex?
It is the Sensitivity Index that is also known as the S&P BSE Sensex Index. It comprises 30 companies from various sectors that are like a benchmark for the index and helps the regulatory bodies to keep a track of the market positioning overall. The 30 companies that are part of this index have been chosen from various sectors to have a balance in the index. This is determined by the help of a floating factor. The following factor is used to determine the positioning of the 30 companies:
Free-Float Market Capitalization = Market Capitalization × Free-Float Factor.
There are a few objectives that Sensex has to keep the market stable and it is necessary to keep up with it to stay updated with the happening in the market. here are a few objectives of the Sensitivity Index:
- One of the main focuses of the index is to measure the movements of the stock market.
- It also serves as a benchmark to fund the performance of the stock companies.
- It also serves as the most liquid contract in the market and fulfills specific purposes of the investors.
The 30 stock companies are considered as the biggest stocks in the market and therefore they are set as a benchmark. They can also be changed if there are any changes with the stock. Reliance is one of the main companies on the sensitivity index. All these aspects are monitored by the Index Committee. For all this, you will need a Demat account if you want to get started with investing in the market. with the help of 5paisa, you can get a Demat account in just a few minutes.
All you have to do is get registered with 5paisa just by providing them with your number and the 5paisa team will give you a call back to get in touch with you.
There are many different services that you will find on 5paisa, some of them are as follows:
- The users have access to the brokerage calculator.
- Lumpsum and SIP calculator is also available on the website
- There is a transparent form of representation of brokerage on every transaction you make. It is a minimal amount charged for the services.
- Users also have access to new add-on packs to get better in the investment and handling finances to make the right decisions.
Get started with 5paisa today and get the best benefits.