How to Repair corrupt DBX file?
Just like any other file on your computer, the DBX file can also get corrupted. Outlook comes with a limited folder size of 2 GB. If the combined size of all folders is more than 2 GB, it can corrupt Outlook. As a result, you cannot access the application. However, this is not the only reason behind a corrupt DBX file.
A DBX file can also get corrupted due to:
- Virus or malware infection
- Sudden turn off of the system due to power failure
- Software malfunction
- Hard disk failure
Steps Involved in Repairing DBX Files
Follow these three simple steps to repair your Outlook’s corrupt DBX file:
- First, you need to open the registry editor.
- You can either open it from the start menu>windows administrative tools> registry editor or simply press Win+R buttons from your keyboard and type Regedit in the Run box and press enter.
- This is to open the registry editor window on your system.
- Now move your cursor to the left side pane of the editor. Expand the folder like this- HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Identities > XYZ > Software > Microsoft > Outlook > current outlook version
- Now check the right-hand side pane of the Regedit for the store root settings. Double click on it. This takes you to the folder where all your outlook files are stored. Copy the path.
- In this step, you have to move your outlook files.
- First, you have to close the outlook express program. If it’s already closed, then move to the next process.
- Now open your file explorer and paste the path you copied before and press Enter.
- Once you open the outlook folder, copy or move all the files to a new location. Then, delete all the files from the original location.
- In this step, you need to import the DBX files into outlook express.
- Follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Open the outlook express app on your computer.
- Go to the File menu, then import and click on messages. This will open the Outlook express import window.
- The window features a varied number of options. Select your current Outlook express version. Just go for express 6, in case you are not sure about it. Click Next.
- Now click browse and select the directory where you have saved the Outlook files. Click next.
- Now you can select the items of your choice or select ALL. If the folder size is above 2 GB, you can skip some unnecessary files.
- Once you select the files, click Next.
- Now close and open the Outlook- it will work as fine as before.
We just saw how to fix corrupt Outlook through manual methods. However, if you don’t have time for it or still not getting any success, take the help of any secured online recovery tool. These tools help you extract data from your corrupt database as safely as possible so that you won’t lose any. But, be very careful. It’s better to take a demo to see how the tool actually works before you pay its full price.
May 25, 2021