Connect Email to QuickBooks Desktop
When you connect your email to QuickBooks Desktop, sending QuickBooks transactions becomes very easy. Setting it up is simple as well. This is particularly true for QuickBooks premier hosting. You can use Webmail or Outlook for using this feature.
Using Outlook to Connect the Email to QuickBooks Desktop
Microsoft Outlook is popularly used by companies all over the world. Before starting, make sure you have Outlook 2010 or newer. You should also have an Outlook email profile to proceed. Information that you will need to connect your email to QuickBooks Desktop are:
- Your email credentials
- Incoming email server address
- Incoming email server type
- Outgoing email server address
If you don’t have any of this information, then you can contact your email provider to get it. Your provider might also be able to help with desktop as a service pricing. Once you have the details, follow these steps:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click on ‘Edit’
- Choose ‘Preferences’ from the Edit menu
- Click on ‘Send Forms’
- Choose Outlook from the options and click on ‘OK’
Now, your QuickBooks Desktop is connected to Outlook and you can start emailing QuickBooks transactions using Outlook.
Also Read: Erp software and It’s Benefits
Using Secure Webmail to Connect the Email to QuickBooks Desktop
You can set up secure Webmail to work with QuickBooks for a host of email service providers like Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo email, and Windows Mail. Once connected, you will be able to easily send QuickBooks transactions using your chosen secure webmail service provider, and you will not have to enter the password every time you send an email. Only the newer version of QuickBooks works with secure Webmail.
Note: If you are using Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client then you must know that it supports a plain text version in Mozilla.
Keep your secure webmail credential handy and follow these steps to connect it to QuickBooks Desktop:
- Open QuickBooks and click on the ‘Edit’ menu.
- Then choose ‘Preferences’
- Click on ‘Send Forms’
- Choose ‘Web mail’ and click on ‘Add’
- Click on the drop-down and select your webmail service provider.
- Enter your email address
- Check the box next to ‘Use Enhanced Security’ and click on ‘OK’. If you get an error message saying ‘Network Error. Please try again.’ then uncheck the box and proceed.
- Sign in to your intuit account when you are asked to do so.
- You will be directed to your webmail provider’s login page, where you will have to sign in and select necessary options to grant access to Intuit.
Setting up Webmail to connect with QuickBooks Desktop
To do QuickBooks email setup so that it works with QuickBooks Desktop, you must begin by verifying your webmail servers and port settings with your ISP. Additionally, to grant access to third-party software programs like Inuit, webmail providers usually require their users to enable two-step verification. So, if you do not use two-step verification right now, you may have to enable it to connect QuickBooks.
Steps to connect your Webmail with QuickBooks Desktop are:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and head to the ‘Edit’ menu
- Click on ‘Preferences’ from the edit menu and select ‘Send Forms’
- Choose Webmail and click on ‘Add’
- Enter the information required under ‘Add Email’ and click on ‘OK’
- Choose ‘OK’ to save the changes
When you send your first QuickBooks email through your Webmail, you will be asked to enter the webmail password. After this, you will be able to smoothly use your Webmail for sending QuickBooks email.
These are the different steps required for you to connect your email to the QuickBooks desktop. The steps are simple and once it is completed, you should be able to easily send email from QuickBooks. But if you find yourself stuck with an error that does not allow you to proceed with completing the steps, then you must first establish whether the error is related to your email or QuickBooks.
A few things to check that can help you figure out the problem are:
- The version of QuickBooks and whether it is supported with the email provider you are using or not.
- The version of Outlook if you are using Outlook and if it is supported by QuickBooks or not. You will require Outlook 2010 or newer.
- Make sure you have a Microsoft Outlook profile set up before you try connecting Outlook with QuickBooks. Also, ensure that Outlook is the default email program on your computer.
- Check to see if you can send emails other than QuickBooks emails to figure out of the problem is with your email or QuickBooks.
If you are uncomfortable performing any troubleshooting steps, then it is ideal to connect with a professional company like Taxfyle to solve the problem. You can either call your email service provider to detect the problem or connect with QuickBooks to troubleshoot any errors.